Extending validation rules

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Is it possible to define and add custom rules for validation in a local deployment? I'm thinking about the ability to add custom specific validation rules e.g. as new xml-files. Are the rules extensible?

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Hi, it's possible to extend the system by adding new rules. This is indeed something that we like to encourage.

I added a new documentation page which outlines the rule structures and how to add new rules. We also publish a rule service at http://services.odata.org/validation/ruleset/ which shows the rules that were completed and in progress

Let us know if it's helpful and if you have further questions while you are thinking about adding new rules.

Thanks,

Turker

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Hi, 

Thanks for the documentation. Currently I started to add Code Rules which are specific for our application. 

The Verify method provides the possibility to return the line number of the failed rule (in ExtensionRuleViolationInfo). but my question is, is it possible to return several line numbers (in case the same rule violation has been detected in more than one element in the XML)?

Thank you in advance

Fahmi